I was electrocuted in Mexico. Shocking?
Not if you know me. It could have ended badly but I channel Wile E. Coyote regularly so I just went with it. I wish someone had filmed it so I could see the cartoon I picture in my head – my skeleton blinking while my hair stands on end and a loud buzzing noise. After it was over I kept looking up for a piano or an anvil to be speeding toward my head from above.
The Electrocution: I was standing at the rear of the RV washing sand off my feet reached out and grabbed the ladder for balance. The ladder sent 117 volts through me for about 6 seconds. All I kept thinking was let it go, let it go LET IT GO…which I did. Now that damn song is stuck in my head. Perhaps forever, who knows with electric shock.
This is the culprit. There is a beautiful view from this angle. Looks in code right?
I see my friends come running while I lay in the dirty puddle of water and am truly embarrassed. This is way too much real life attention for me. I am fine and now I keep thinking get up, get up GET UP! Which I do and notice a cramp in my foot is gone!
The cure for foot cramps is ELECTROCUTION! Who Knew?
It’s been 3 days now and the new thing I learned about electrocuting myself was that is not the just the voltage but the length of time. (Good information to have if you are standing in a puddle of water holding on to an electrified piece of metal) Luckily I didn’t hold on long enough for burns but the tingling stayed. It did effect the part of my brain that won’t allow me to sleep and I relive the event in my dreams. I need a just need a new dream catcher, this one is fried.
Update: I was just informed that one must die to be electrocuted, so I must correct myself that it was an electrical shock (because one must be accurate). Apparently. Unless you’re Bill Murray